Morning View

Morning View

Friday, May 21, 2010

Truth or Dairy



Challenge: I think I may be becoming lactose intolerant. For anyone who knows me, you don't even have to know me well, you know what a serious blow to my shining reality this is- I have had a love affair with cheese for my entire life. Quesadillas, cheese toast, macaroni, pizza, I can't eat salads without cheese, brie and wine, bean dip (with almost an entire bag of shredded cheese)...the list goes on. However, due to minor champagne bubbliness in my tummy that has been happening lately, I've decided to challenge myself to see if I can go THE ENTIRE SUMMER without eating cheese. Let's be honest, there will be exceptions. For example, I don't consider yogurt to be dairy- technically speaking, I know it comes from the moo moos as well, but I've grown to be addicted to the little Greek yogurts with honey and granola, and that is a passion that cannot be severed. Also, I have an affinity for ice cream...this one is difficult. I'll try to stick to frozen yogurts (think YoPo) but we all know my sights and the echoes of my cheese-emptied stomach will direct me elsewhere. Also, occasionally, a girl has to have some pizza, and cheeseburgers, so that will be accepted as well. I think those are all of my contingencies...wish me good luck.

Challenge 2: My mom and I make lists every summer of things to do- places we've been waiting to visit, waiting for what I don't exactly know- paintings to make, corners of the deserts to watch the sunrise from, mountains to hike up with a picnic lunch in tow- all very important endeavours. We've turned our gaze to the artsy world lately. My little sister won an award for her adorable mother and baby paper mache ducks, voted best by her peers, and so we've decided to induct her into our paint smeared club. I was thinking it'd be fun to make a collage of song quotes- lyrics from songs that you love, lines that summarize the message of the whole, wordy tornadoes that leave you a little dizzy- songs that you love or what to be associated with, those contain the whimsical lyrics, the truths- so, if you have any lyrics you want to be made into collagey creations, scibble them down (virtually) in the little comment box because as much as I love music, and as contingent as my daily happiness is upon it, you know I can only get by with a little help from my friends... ;-)

Two lines from one of my classics: "Since her return from her stay on the moon/she listens like spring and she talks like June" and "Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day/and head back to the Milky Way"

"Drench yourself in words unspoken/live your life with arms wide open"

"Well hot and heavy pumpkin pie/chocolate candy, Jesus Christ/Ain't nothing please me more than you."

"Slow down you crazy child/you're so ambitious for a juvenile...where's the fire, what's the hurry about/you better cool it down before you burn it out...When will you realize, Vienna waits for you?"

"I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul/where I'll end up, well I think only God really knows/I've sat upon the setting sun..."

3 comments:

  1. Fact: I'm also mildly lactose intolerant, but Yoplait yogurt and Greek yogurt give me no problems at all (supposedly its because they have probiotics or something). GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAH I enjoy your pun-ny title.

    PS did you know that lactose intolerant people can still eat yog because it contains live bacteria cultures (vom) that help yo body process all that lactosey ish. You should try Kefir, its like yogurt/ milk that tastes amazing and is so good in shakes or with lots of sugar or with granola in parfaits! And it has all those good bacteria.

    ANNNNDD a fav song lyric right now =
    "It's a great day to be alive, I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I wish you luck with the no cheese thing! You will have to update us on how that is going...

    annndd one of my fave song lines...

    "Because what you feel is what you are / and what you are is beautiful"

    ReplyDelete